History of the Troitsko-Pechorsk area
This is a workers' community, and the center of the Troitsko-Pechorsk area. It is located 515 km from Syktyvkar on the high banks of the Pechora, at the mouth of the Northern Mylva river. The local name of the village - Myldin - "mouth of the Myldin River" - originates from the latter hydronym.
Different sources provide varying information about the founding of the village According to one version, the Trinity Monastery or the Pechora Hermitage was founded in the late 14th century between the Pechora and the Mylva at the site of the today's Zarechye. The hermitage monks baptized all the Komi on the banks of the Pechora even during the first years of the hermitage's existence. According to their version, the monastery appeared in the mid 15th century at the earliest. However there is no documentary confirmation of this version, эге the 18th century, the area of the Verkhnyaya Pechora had been the territory nomadic Mansi, whose relations with the Komi were hardly friendly. Komi lements started to appear there only when the influence of the Moscow tsars started growing, and they cracked down on the aggressive Mansi. The first settlement he Verkhnyaya Pechora was Pochinok Kuzminsky, founded in 1674 by resetllers from other areas of the Komi Region.
In 1707 a wooden Trinity church was built there. It was approximately since that time that the settlement has been called the community of Pechora. People were mainly engaged in fishing and hunting, and ling was not very developed. The wooden church was rebuilt as a stone church 854-1862. The village actively developed in the late 19th and early 20th century, include an elementary school, a hospital, a transportation organization, a dock, a steamship anchorage and a timber industry enterprise. The village was famous for its fairs since the route from Cherdyn to Pechora passed through there. Barges with goods came down the Pechora from Troitsko-Pechorsk.
In 1919 there was an anti-Bolshevik rebellion on the Verkhnyaya Pechora. The rebellion was caused by the removal of bread from Troitsko-Pechorsk to Vychegda by Red Army. The rebellion was initiated by I. Melnikov, chairman of the regional unit Russian Communist Party). The rebels killed part of the Red Army, and the rest came over to the side of the rebels. The court organized by the rebels executed 150 communists and Soviet power activists - refugees from the Cherdyn Uyezd. Under influence of the Troitsko-Pechorsk rebellions against the Soviet power, other an in the villages of Pokcha, Savinbor and Podcherye. After Kolchak's army entered Pechora, the Separate Siberian Rechora regiment was organized in Troitsko-Pechorsk. It mainly consisted of the participants of the Anti-Bolshevik rebellion, village became the center of the Troitsko-Pechorsk area in 1931.
By the mid 1970s, Troitsko-Pechorsk had expanded greatly. It included the villages of Abar, Kedrovka, Zarechye, Kltostav , Parma and the communities of Dinyel-2, Igostav and Zaton. It been a workers' community since 1975. The population was 10,774 in 1989.
Troitsko-Pechorsk is a town-type community with the typical buildings of the 1960s 1970s. It was built when forests were being logged on a planned basis. None of religious buildings has survived either in the town or in the area. There are two norial monuments to local soldiers who died in the Civil War and in World War II.